SAMPLING OF PLANNED STOPS
- By Brazil (11333 Georgia Ave) to enjoy coffee & typical Brazilian breakfast treats
- Carmelo’s Bakery to see the array of Latin pastries
- Hung Phat Asia Market for an introduction to fresh, preserved, bottled, packaged, and canned pan-Asian ingredients. Taste fresh rice noodles.
- Marchione’s Italian Deli for tastings of cold cuts, olives, cheeses, and more
- Filipino Home Baking and Grocery Store to marvel at the array of unusual ingredients from the Philippines
- Little Bitts Shop to see everything needed for baking and to watch a candy-making class
- International Mercado Latino to check out Mexican and Central and South American ingredients
- Thomas International Market to survey Turkish and Middle Eastern goodies
- Dessie Ethiopian Restaurant and Market for a delicious lunch and introduction to the little-known characteristics of the food of this mysterious African country.
Reminders: Walking shoes, comfortable clothes, shopping bag, and cash for purchases.
Driving: Free parking on Saturdays in the Montgomery Parking lot on Reedie Drive, between Amherst Avenue and Fern Street. Enter on Fern Street entrance. Come out of the parking garage on the Fern Street exit and we will meet on the corner across the street.
Metro: Wheaton Station (Red Line). Get off the escalator and walk to the right. Go up the stairs to street level, which will be Reedie Drive. Walk across the street and down Fern Street (behind the old Safeway) to the next street, which is Price Avenue.
Please join us!